Palliative Care Research
The section will seek funding sources to promote palliative care research that will include the use of telemedicine, palliative care for American Indians, and effective assessment of palliative care curriculum in medical education.
- Sarah L. Goff, MD, Nwamaka D. Eneanya MD, MPH, Rebecca Feinberg, BA, Michael J. Germain, MD, Lisa Marr, MD, Joan Berzoff, EdD, MSW, Lewis M. Cohen, MD, Mark Unruh, MD. . Dialysis Patients’ and Families’ Recommendations for Advance Care Planning: A Qualitative Study. Submitted for Publication August 2014.
- Katzman JG, Comerci GD, Landen M, Loring L, Jenkusky SM, Arora S, Kalishman S, Marr L, et al. Rules and Values: A Coordinated Regulatory and Educational Approach to the Public Health Crises of Chronic Pain and Addiction. Am J Public Health. 2014 Jun 12:e1-e7. [Epub ahead of print]
- No Agenda. Journal of Palliative Medicine. 2013. Nov;16(11):1482-3.
- Interest in Complementary and Alternative Medicine: A Possible Coping Mechanism for Anxious Caregivers? Jimenez RB, Perez-Cruz PE, Zhang B, Kacel EL, Rivera L, Munoz F, Finlay E, Marr L , Paulk EM, and Prigerson, HG. Submitted to the Journal of Clinical Oncology 2013.
- Fletcher K, Prigerson HG, Paulk E, Temel J, Finlay E, Marr L, et al. Gender Differences in the Evolution of Illness Understanding Among Patients with Advanced Cancer. J Support Oncol. 2013 Sep;11(3):126-32.
- Neale D, Kalishman, S, Som, D, Monette R, Huff,N, Marr L, and Arora, S. Palliative Care Tele-ECHO Clinics Improve Provider Expertise and Patient Access. Submission to the Journal of General Internal Medicine 2012-resubmission pending
- Marr LA, Neale D, Wolfe V and Kitzes J. Confronting Myths: The Native American experience in an academic inpatient palliative care consultation program. J Palliat Med. 2012 Jan;15(1):71-6. Epub 2012 Jan 13
- Marr LA. The Bearer of Bad News. J Palliat Med. 2011 Mar;14(3):369-70
- Marr, L, Weissman, DE and Billings JA. Spirituality training for palliative care fellows. J Palliat Med. 2007 Feb;10(1):169-77.
- Back AL, Anderson WG, Bunch L, Marr LA, Wallace JA, Yang HB, Arnold RM. Communication about cancer near the end of life. Cancer. 2008 Oct 1;113(7 Suppl):1897-910.
- Marr, L. Can Compassion Fatigue? J Palliat Med. 2009 Aug;12(8):739-40.
- Siddiqui, F, Marr, L and Weissman DE. Neoplastic meningitis #135. J Palliat Med. 2009 Jan;12(1):88-9.
- AAHPM Position Paper: Requirements for the Successful Development of Academic Palliative Care Programs. Bruera E, Billings JA, Lupu D, Ritchie CS; Academic Palliative Medicine Task Force of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2010 Apr;39(4):743-55.
- Ketteler, E, Marr, L. “Palliative Care for the Surgical Patient”, multimedia module for the American Board of Surgery SCORE curriculum. 2010.
- Repar, P., Patton, D. (2007). Stress Reduction for Nurses Through Arts-in-Medicine at the University of New Mexico Hospitals. Holistic Nursing Practice, 21 (4), 182-186.
- Forman W, Kitzes J, Anderson R, Sheehan D, Hospice and Palliative Care, Concepts and Principles Second Edition, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2003
- Kitzes JA, Serna L, Kalishman S, “Are We Making Progress? One Medical School’s Assessment of an Evolving Integrated Palliative Medicine Curriculum”. The Internet Journal of Pain, Symptom Control and Palliative Care.2010: Volume * Number 1. www.ispub.com/journal/
- Kitzes JA, Kalishman S, Mines J, Kingsley D, Lawrence E, “Palliative medicine death rounds: small group learning on a vital subject”. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. Dec-2009 Jan;25(6):483-91.
- Kaur J, Finke B, Kitzes J, Crissler MJ, Palliative Care in American Indian Communities, NIH Conference Report 2005.
- Crissler MJ, Finke B, Kitzes J, Forman W, Domer T, Palliative Care Guidelines for Indian Health Service 2005.