TiD provides informatics software and technologies
The TiD team: June 2012
The Translational Informatics Division (TiD) provides informatics solutions that enable multi-disciplinary research in order to accelerate clinical outcomes. TiD accomplishes this by offering many unique services to both industry and academia such as chemical, biological and biomedical knowledge mining support and prediction by means of cheminformatics, bioinformatics and clinical informatics software and technologies. CARLSBAD is a recent example of a software platform TiD developed in order to provide researchers with novel capabilities for the mining and exploration of structure activity relationships throughout chemical biology space. Currently TiD is focused on the development of informatics tools to facilitate the understanding of the relationships between drugs, targets and adverse events by mapping information mined from electronic health records and other scientific literature.
- Knowledge mining and informatic screening support for both the UNM Center for Molecular Discovery and for the UNM Cancer Center
- Drug repurposing support for UNM HSC
- Cheminformatics support for NM INBRE
- Competitive intelligence for UNM and partners
- Bioinformatics and cheminformatics support for UNM and external collaborators
- Clinical and drug informatics support operations for the UNM CTSC
Note: Our statistical modeling does not replace biostatistics. We do not support clinical trials.
TiD hosted a theme block in the 2013 Internal Medicine Grand Rounds series. Tudor Oprea, MD, PhD, was block leader for "Don't Get Lost in Translation: How Informatics Can Help With Your Biomedical Research." The sessions are available online. Read more.